Time for Content Creation
Time and effort required for content creation is generally underestimated
- An LMS is installed. Where does the content come from?
- Commercial content often does not match the requirements of the specific course and may not fit with the style of the trainer
- Trainers are asked to create their own content
- However this takes time and effort, especially to maintain and update
University, further education
- Organise a content creation workshop, where participants learn to use the tools and learn about rules and tips regarding the creation of content
- Encourage pooling of content between authors (everybody contributes something and can use the other modules)
- Use simple authoring tools, which are not much more complex than the word processing programs the authors are already familiar with
- Learners create content as part of the course, which can then be edited and elaborated by the instructor
- Use and repurpose free content (OER or Wikiversity)
- Degree of collaboration between colleagues
- Usability of the authoring tool
- The didactical concept of the course
- Having learners create course content is an effective learning method!