Technical and educational understanding
Decision makers do not know enough about the technological and innovative pedagogical possibilities, which slows down the implementation of Blended Learning.
- Often some educators are early adopters of innovative pedagogies within an institution. They need support from the people at the management level and have to convince them.
- The management level does not recognize the possibilities of Blended Learning and important decisions are not taken (e.g. investment in infrastructure, development of a strategy and business plan etc).
- Furthermore it is difficult to convince them in a meeting
- Business, university, further education,
- If you are a trainer:
- Organize a demonstration and invite the decision makers.
- Collect the responses of your participants and send them to the decision makers
- If you are a decision maker:
- Visit a conference about E-Learning or Blended Learning (EDEN, ICL, Online Educa, Didacta) and inform yourself.
Join a social network like LinkedIn or Eduspaces and ask the members about the possibilities.
- Appreciation of teaching
- Limited BL Strategy
- Support the early adopters within your organisation. They are the best promoters of your institution.