All stakeholders within further education institutions are used to traditional face-to-face teaching and learning. Therefore, new methodologies are not always welcome and accepted.
- Decision makers do not see the benefit of Blended Learning. They can not create visions of future learning, because they just know traditional learning.
- Educators persist in their traditional teaching. Changes imply more work, other working times and insecurity.
- Learners are used to listen and mostly be passive.
- Inform yourself about the chances of Blended Learning (conferences etc.)
- Take into account, that fundamental changes need time and a good acceptance management.
- Organize trainer trainings - for new methodologies, collaborative and online learning.
- Instructor Competence
- Integration of methods
- Lack of learner participation
- Limited BL Strategy
- Methodological skills
- No acceptance management
- Also external advisors can help to create a vision of Blended Learning in your institution.